Boating in Canada News

for – providing boating information since 1996

14 January 2008

New rules to Enter the U.S. by boat

Beginning January 31, 2008, all U.S. and Canadian citizens must have more identification to enter the U.S.A. by boat, ferry, train, or bus. Under a new U.S. law, all travelers over 19 years of age must have a proof of citizenship (birth certificate, naturalization certificate) and government-issued photo ID (drivers license) at U.S. land and sea border stations. Passports are valid for both requirements. Children 18 and under will need just a birth certificate for now. (Passports are currently required to enter the U.S. by air, and will be required for all travel to the U.S. by June 2009) [U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)]

Labels: ,


Post a comment

<< Home